0
By Florence Osakwe

Kylie Minogue during The Voice UK's series three premiere
© BBC Pictures / Wall to Wall

The judge - whose future on the BBC competition has been in doubt for some time - confirmed news of her exit on Twitter and Facebook and blamed her tour dates.

When news broke that Minogue's Kiss Me Once tour could clash with filming for The Voice UK, the BBC suggested that the schedule could be changed to accommodate her.

However, Minogue tweeted today: "#Lovers, due to timing of my tour I won't be back next season for The Voice UK. Thanks to all who supported! Hope to see you on my KMO tour!"

Kylie Minogue on The Voice
© BBC

She added further information on her Facebook page, writing: "Hi Lovers, thanks to all of you for your incredible support throughout this past season of The Voice UK. I'm sad to say that, due to the timing of my European tour, I won't be back for Season 4. I absolutely loved my time on the show, and I'll miss all of the incredible people who were a part of my experience.

"I hope to see you all on my Kiss Me Once tour and wish continued success to everyone at The Voice! Love, Kylie."

The Voice UK executive producer Moira Ross has paid tribute to Minogue, saying that she "brought her own very special magic" to the show.


The Voice finalist Jamie Johnson sings 'There Must Be An Angel' with Kylie Minogue
© BBC Pictures / Wall to Wall

"We have loved having her on the show," Ross added. "We wish her well for her tour and hope to welcome her back in the future."

The news is a blow for The Voice UK, which was considered to have had a boost from the 'Kylie effect' - though her act Jamie Johnson came fourth during the final. The 2014 series was eventually won by will.i.am's Jermain Jackman.

The BBC has now said that discussions for the coaching lineup for series four of The Voice UK are ongoing, but current stars Ricky Wilson, will.i.am and Sir Tom Jones have previously been quoted hinting that they would only return if Minogue remained.

The Voice UK has been renewed for two more series and is expected to return to BBC One next year.

-Digital Spy


Post a Comment

 
Top